If you and your family are left without heat in the winter months due to a malfunctioning furnace, The HVAC Guys has technicians available 24/7 to help restore comfort in your home. Canadian winters can be treacherous, with temperatures varying from -54 °C in northern Alberta to -46 °C in southern Alberta. A safe and well-performing furnace is a necessity in Canada. Our team is well equipped with the right tools and parts to help residents in Medicine Hat and surrounding communities with emergency furnace repair services, no matter which make or model you have.
How do you know if your furnace is on its way out? Here are 6 warning signs that your furnace may need replacement:
If it will cost more to repair your furnace than to upgrade to a new one, our technicians will advise you, so you don’t waste your money on frequent repairs. Your new furnace installation will be completed quickly and efficiently with minimum disruption—we don’t want you left out in the cold!
You may need an expert to be able to pinpoint the exact cause of your furnace troubles, but recognizing these frequent trouble starters can help you avoid problems:
• Dirty or clogged filters
• Wear and tear over time
• Lack of maintenance
• Thermostat troubles
• Improper or imbalanced airflow
• Blower requires replacement and runs continuously
• Mechanical problems that cause loud, noisy operation
If you notice any of the above or another issue, contact The HVAC Guys today. No matter the cause of the furnace problem, we’ll find the right solution and provide quick repairs.
Whether it is your first furnace appointment ever or first appointment with our team, here’s what you can expect from our friendly and experienced technicians:
1. We will complete a full diagnosis of your furnace’s electrical and safety components to narrow down any potential problems.
2. A comprehensive diagnosis of your furnace’s mechanical components will also be completed.
3. By now we will be able to identify what the issue is and will let you know what course of action is needed to fix the problem.
4. If a part is required, we will tell you how much it is going to cost you and how long it will take to install. We will also confirm whether we have the part in stock or if it will need to be ordered in.
5. As the homeowner, we will wait for you to give us the green light, and only then will we begin repairing your furnace.
6. After the furnace is up and running, we will make sure that it is operating properly.
7. Once everything checks out with the furnace, we will send you an invoice via email. You can make a payment in cash, by cheque, or by debit / credit card.
We are committed to providing the highest level of heating and cooling services in the industry. If you are not 100% satisfied with any aspect of the repair of your furnace, we will promptly work with you to resolve any concerns or issues you may have. The quality of our workmanship cannot be beat and we always do everything we can to ensure you are pleased with the entire furnace repair experience, from beginning to end.
While you should call professionals for any issues, there are some simple steps you can take to extend the life of your furnace and avoid unnecessary repairs.
Follow these five tips for your furnace:
1. Get your ducts cleaned. Have your ducts cleaned every 2-3 years to maintain the air quality in your home. Dust, debris and hair all get trapped and circulate if they are not removed properly. Homeowners with pets should have their ducts cleaned more frequently to remove pet hair and dander.
2. Keep the area clear. The area around your furnace should be left clear for air circulation and easy access. Don’t use the space for storage. This is especially important for flammable substances or objects, which should be stored far away from the furnace. Never lean objects against the HVAC unit either, as this can lead to house fires or other damages.
3. Change the filter. The easiest way to avoid a furnace emergency is to change your furnace filter once a month, or every three months if you invest in a higher quality filter. Check for build-up and change it frequently to keep your furnace working efficiently.
4. Check in regularly. Many people take their furnace for granted until something goes wrong. Take the time to check your furnace twice a month for changes in sounds, leaks, or dust build up. Being aware and attentive will allow you to spot any changes and contact a professional before they progress into more expensive problems.
5. Schedule your maintenance appointment. Annual furnace maintenance will give you peace of mind and the advantage of professional service. Get a thorough cleaning and inspection from our team to keep it operating properly and safely for as long as possible.
There are a number of reasons why home and business owners trust The HVAC Guys to install and repair their heating and cooling systems: